Who needs an AQS 278 form?
This form is used by those who travels to Hawaii with pets. If you are a pet owner, you have to fill out this form and send it to the Animal Quarantine Station in Hawaii no less than ten days before arrival.
What is the AQS 278 form for?
This is a dog & cat import form AQS 278 and it’s used to get the information about the owner and his/her pet, information about vaccinations, and a health certificate to qualify the pet for the direct airport release program. The owner must certify that the pet is healthy and can be imported to another state.
What documents must be accompanied by the AQS 278 form?
The pet’s owner has to attach a money order or cashier’s check of the fee payment, original health certificate of the pet, and certification of a recent rabies vaccine.
When is the AQS form due?
The import form and other documents must be forwarded to the Animal Quarantine Station at least 10 days prior to the pet’s arrival in Hawaii.
What information should be provided in the AQS form?
While completing the dog & cat import form AQS 278, the pet’s owner has to provide the following information:
- Information about the pet (species, name, microchip number, breed code, sex, color code, age, distinguishing characteristics, medications or special diet)
- Estimated date of arrival
- Enclosed documents
- Type of the program applying for
- Type of entry
- Information about the owner (name, ID number, birth date, address, phone number, address in Hawaii, owner group)
- Information about the co-owner
- Authorized visitors (in case your pet is in quarantine)
- Approved animal hospital (if required)
The owner also must sign and date the form.
What do I do with the form after its completion?
The completed form together with other documents is sent to the Animal Quarantine Station, Halawa Valley Street, Aiea.